the artsy boho
DIY Botanic Water Colors
Regular price $20.00
DIY Kit By Jennifer from The Artsy Boho:
- #3 blank pages 5x7 Canson 140 lbs water color paper.
- 5x7 blank sheet of Canson 140 lb water color paper.
- Water Color dot card with 6 Winsor & Newton Watercolors.
- Video Tutorials on Instagram @theartyboho.
- The Artsy Sheet.
How to use it:
- Pick up a watercolor round brush, a jar of water and paper towel.
- Wet the color dots on your card with a damped brush.
- Watch the tutorials and let's paint together!
Water Color Tips:
- Be patient. Water color requires time to dry, don't paint another layer or an area that's next to wet area, this will make your colors run into each other creating a big blob.
- Trust the process, your are going to love it once is finished completely.
- Water control is key, if your paint is not moving add more water. If you added too much water that is pooling, blot it with a paper towel.
- Wet on Wet: Wet your paper and start painting with a wet brush with paint. You will have less control & thats the magic of watercolor.
- Wet on Dry: On a dry paper start painting with a wet brush with oaint. You will have more control of your strokes.
- Dry Brush: Wet you brush slightly with water and paint, this will create textures.
Frame & Share:
Use your favorite 5x7 frame to proudly display your artwork.